Monday, May 30, 2011

What Makes You Happy?

I'm having a crappy day.  I feel bummed and down in the dumps so I thought I'd post a few spaces that just plain make me happy.

  There is something inherently pleasing about country living and decorating.  It's casual and simple and fuss free.  I think we all could do with a little less fuss sometimes.


I would sit in this breakfast nook with a coffee and a book.  
I love the orange and aqua and the chippy old lamps above the table. 
 It would be a very happy place to sit in all the sunshine streaming in from the windows.


This casual bedroom would be a perfect serene place to lay your head.  I especially love the black sconces - they add that graphic punch to the room.

How could this kitchen not make you happy?  The dark, dramatic cabinets are offset by the marble counter and backsplash - making it a perfectly neutral space to add your own accent colour.  Yellow is the colour of sunshine and lemonade, which makes it happy all on its own.  Also, the black windows and hit of wood in the corbels over the range are perfection.  love.

So, what makes you happy in your home?  

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment