Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Favourite

I'm tired and sore from a million trips up and down the stairs with boxes in hand.  I'm sick of eating take out junk food and I miss my kids. They're with my parents, swimming and sunning while the moving craziness is going on.  Okay, that's all the complaining I'll do.  Suck it up, buttercup.

Time for my Friday Favourite.  On Fridays, I'm going to try and post this series of my favourite thing I've seen in blogland each week.  Here it is for this week.

Megan, at  A Life's Design, posted this home.  It is designed by Interior Philosophy.



I'm really trying to figure out my design aesthetic.  I find that when I'm checking out blogs and interior design sites,  I am often struck by beautiful images.  Some rooms, I simply love because they are well designed, even though I would never use the ideas in my own home.  Other rooms, like this one, speak to me.  I could see our family living here.  

So, what do I love about this room?  First of all, I like the way the furniture is grouped.  It seems like a good conversation could go on with a bunch of people and a bunch of wine.  My kids could snuggle into the couch with a book and Jay and I could sit with our morning coffees.  

See how it's really always about wine and coffee???

Second of all, I love the design details.  The charcoal grey chairs with the contrast piping and nailheads, the graphic grey pillows on the neutral sofas.  It is a great mix of light and dark.  And I love the simplicity of the creamy wall colour and curtains and the contrast that evokes. 



The turquoise chairs mixed in with the wicker are amazing.  Where do you even get chairs like that???  The colour perfectly picks up the bright turquoise flower on the cushions in the living room.  I hope I can create something like this sense of flow in our new nest.

If you haven't already, you should check out the rest of this space.  The entire thing is a stunner.  Really something, in my humble opinion. 

Happy Friday!  

xo Meg

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meg - your blog looks fabulous here, so much inspiration and good luck with your renos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! I'm sure I'm in over my head...

    ReplyDelete