Monday, September 12, 2011

Living Room Inspiration

    I'm not sure if I've mentioned that my Mom and her husband are currently building a new home for themselves on a pretty lot with lots of trees.  While the house is getting finished, they're staying with us.  The kids have really enjoyed having their Nanny and Grandpa around and it has been fun helping my mom with the interior design for the project.
  We've been working on narrowing down fabric choices for her great room.  This area includes her main dining room, living room and kitchen in an open plan.  The room is large and bright with high ceilings and big windows.
   We are working with these Robert Allen Fabrics:

 Tortolla Bay - Skipper

Bermuda Run - Hydrangea

(The colours are looking a little weird on my screen.  The floral has a brick -pink-red colour in it, more like the shot below)


Here is a picture I took of the colour story coming together:


Lots of natural fabrics and warm colours going on. The floral will be for the curtains in the living room and the blue and cream check will be on the romans in the dining room.  We are looking for an accent fabric for cushions that is the pinky-red colour in the large floral.  My mom loves this fabric and the floral really pulls the blue leather couches that her husband loves into the scheme.  

I'm looking forward to showing you some of the progress shots of the house.  It has been fun working on this project with my Mom.  

Happy Monday!

xo Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment