Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bringing Fall into Our Home

Good Morning Everyone,


I'm guest posting today over at First Time Fancy.  I wrote a post for Kerry about the painting I made for my sweet husband for our anniversary.  I hope you'll all go over there to check it out.

So, welcome to all you new visitors from First Time Fancy!

I hope you'll stay a while and have a look around.  If you come back tomorrow, you'll get a chance to see the launch of the new graphics and layout for the blog.  I think I'm just about ready!

I love, love, love fall.  I suppose it helps that we've had a week of near perfect weather here.  Crisp air, vibrant blue skies, russet trees.  Gorgeous.

For some reason, I've got fall fever.  I'm so excited about Thanksgiving this year (here in Canada we celebrate this coming weekend).  I'm looking forward to getting a little fall decorating done around the house.


Welcoming:
I'm not making this wreath.  If I had more time, I might.  Maybe for next year.  But let's pretend it's on my front door to welcome you!




Wearing:

(including the latte!)



Dressing up the Dining Room:


I love the simple palate in the room.  And you might notice that the table is surrounded by a mix-match of chairs.  A few windsor chairs, some slipcovered chairs and a slipped bench seat... I really love this look for my dining room.  If you remember, I wrote about it here and here.  


 I am hosting a small Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year.  It's really just my parents and our family.  But I want to make it special.  I love natural elements on a tabletop for Thanksgiving.  I'm using some clippings and flowers from the yard, some burlap, and some gourds.

Tabletop:

The above tabletop by Martha is perfect to me.  I love the simplicity.  
We don't really do over the top holiday decor around here, although I often admire it in other homes.







Sweet Dreams:
Tommy Smythe via S@H
(I had to include this one, because the colour story is perfect for Thanksgiving, and because I love Tommy almost as much as I love fall) 




Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you'll follow along on my design journey.  This old house is full of surprises and has really been a huge source of inspiration to me.  I'm having so much fun dreaming and planning and designing here.  I would love your comments and suggestions!

xo Meg

1 comment:

  1. Found you through Kerry's blog! Just popping in to say hi!

    ReplyDelete