Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cheery Family Room

We've been thinking hard about what we want our new nest to look like and I've been working on some inspiration boards for different rooms.  I'm looking for a slightly beachy, casual feel that we can really relax into.  Somewhere to put our feet up!







  I am pulling this room together with mainly things we already have but a few things we will need to purchase.  These items include art, fabrics and a carpet.  Take a look at my inspiration board:






The elements we already own include:
the couch
the cow hide rug
the striped pillows (2)
the orange pillows(2)

We will need:
The Soho Dhurri from Shades of Light (love, love, love this pattern)
Zigzag fabric from Premier Prints
Creamy drapery panels, most likely these from Ikea
Woven Blinds
New Lamps - I like these from PB but I am looking for a budget version
Artwork - you can see these choices and their sources on my art i love pinboard
Two Chairs will also be added down the road (hopefully a white slipped version to lighten things up)
Wall Colour:  BM Cloud White

Ikea Ektorp Jennylund Chair: $229.  You can't really beat that price point and I like the scale .
I would add a chevron pillow to each chair.


One more inspiration room:

via




What do you think?


xo Meg

2 comments:

  1. I like your inspiration and plans. It all feels very homey and cozy. I'm drawn to the same kinds of looks these days too... neutral backdrops with colourful accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mood board you've put together - the room (and your inspiration pics) look so clean and fresh!

    ReplyDelete