Friday, July 13, 2012

Master Bedroom

   We are in full scale renovation mode around here, in case you haven't been keeping up.  This means that everything in our house is covered by a layer of filth and there's seemingly no end in sight.

I've decided to make peace with living in squalor.

   So much so, that I will now be showing you yet another unfinished, nasty room in our house.  This room is also on the list for a spruce up.  And like every other fix up around here, there's a very limited budget but lots of willingness to work it hard.  Elbow grease is my best friend.

I took these pictures on my iphone and I'm gonna post them really small so I don't scare anyone away.



This is our master bedroom.  

Yeah, I know.  




It's actually a decent sized room.  Not as big as Audrey's room or anything, but decent.  She has a huge walk-in closet too.  We have a dinky little closet.  That we share. We were clearly drunk when we decided who would get which room (that drinking reference is for you, Elizabeth).

Once upon a time, I posted about our master bedroom and my dreams for it.  Here's the mood board I made then:



Things Our Master Bedroom Has Going For It:

  • size
  • nice light hardwood floors
  • 2 beautiful, large black and white photographs 
  • cool antique light fixture

  • Restoration Hardware Vintage Wash Linens for the bed (uh, not pictured in the room)

(these linens, in this colour)


Things To Address:

  • Window Coverings:  I am thinking of doing a DIY stencil on a pair of Home Depot Drop Cloths.  In my dreams, it would turn out something like these from Nicole Yee that I pinned last week.  Maybe not a black stencil.  Maybe something paisley-ish?



  • Headboard (for sure a DIY)
  • Come up with some plan for the room's layout .  That 'dresser wall' isn't cutting it.  I'd like to add a couple of chairs and a desk or side table over there. And remove the smaller dresser.
  • Paint the walls and ceiling
  • Sew a lumbar pillow for the bed
I want the palate to be pretty neutral/white with just a bit of the blues and greens that I love so much.  Here's some inspiration rooms:


style at home



kerrisdale design - probably my all time fave casual bedroom

So, add another project to our ever-growing list.  I won't be able to start in on this project until I complete a couple others going on around here.  But it's on the horizon.  I can almost see it!

Happy Friday!

xo Meg

4 comments:

  1. You are one busy lady! I love your fabric choices and your inspiration pics! Very soothing. Your bedroom is going to look great!
    Have a great and hopefully relaxing weekend Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last one is soooo beautiful. I can see why it's your favourite! I loved your mood board for your master the first time that you posted it, and I still do! You'll make it gorgeous! I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, the space itself is great - a wonderful size. And as long as you have that, you can rock out the rest. Love your ideas for the headboard and curtains. And your inspiration pics are great. Can't wait to see how it turns out. And love the drinking reference of course - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gor. geous. inspiration! Can't wait to see what you come up with! Esp. loving the diy paisley window tx!

    ReplyDelete