Friday, September 21, 2012

Master Bedroom Update

 

 Remember when I asked you guys for a little help in the bedroom?
 

 
You were great.  You really were.
 
A whole bunch of you tried to help me out with bedside styling and picture hanging.  I put a lot of holes in my walls trying to figure out an artful arrangement for my bedside tables. Then I filled them all in and hung the two photos above the bed instead.
 
 I really wish I was a better artwork hanger.  I'm always trying to do a gallery wall.  I just can't seem to get one right.  I don't have the eye.  I think I'll put that on my list of goals: be good at gallery walls. . 
 
For now, I have given up accepted that the room is going to look like this for a while:
 
 
 

 
There's no headboard back there. Sigh.



This big piece of art, that is supposed to ground this whole scheme,  isn't hung. I don't really like the lights on our bedside tables. I wish they were gourd lamps. And I need a rug.

I am actually okay with the room looking like this for now.  In all honesty, I'm tired.  The reno has taken a lot out of me and need to take a break.  That way I can come back with fresh eyes and make this room happen.

 I'm also out of money.  Gourd lamps cost a lot, don't you know?

I hope you have the best of weekends.  Fall is here!

xo Meg

2 comments:

  1. I love that piece of art as well. I think the room looks great - don't be hard on yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, can I relate to this post! Our bedroom is small, there are windows on two of the walls and two doors on another wall, making furniture arranging difficult. We don't have a headboard either. The room just lacks style, and I don't know what to do with it.

    Regarding your room, I love your ceiling fixture. It looks original to the house. I wonder how the large piece of art would look over the bed? I can envision some wall-mounted light fixtures on either side of the bed too. The kind that move on an arm so you can adjust for reading in bed. A rug will ground things and add warmth. Don't fret, you'll get there. You have the makings for a great bedroom.

    ReplyDelete