Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Writer's Block



Our house closes on Friday.  You know what that means?  I'm officially homeless...

   You see, Jay and I bought our first home together a when we were in second year university.  We've moved four times since then.  But this is the first time we'll be moving where we don't have a new house to move into. 

  Don't get me wrong, we're not out on the street!  We just can't find a home to purchase in the neighborhood we want to live in.  There are only three homes listed in the neighborhood right now and none of them are suitable for us. 

   I've been incredibly busy with the move and searching for a new home.  We have packed up our house and moved most of our things into a storage carton which has gone to a storage facility until we can find a property. 

   But I'm also kind of bummed out.  I was really looking forward to finding a house, working on the design with Jay and making the changes we'd like to it, etc.  Figuring out the decorating on a home is my favorite thing to do. 

   Right now we're stalled out.  And as a result, I don't have a whole lot to say.  And you know me, that's driving me crazy.  I love to hear myself talk!

All this has prompted me to think of a few cool projects I can work on while we're in our temporary home.  Projects that will transport  Here's my list:

1.  Paint the headboard and footboard I found on the side of the road.  It's going in Audrey's room.
2.  Paint the sideboard from the dining room. I currently hate it and hope a lick of paint will help.
3.  Design a fabric plan / mood board for the living room and purchase the few things I need.
4.  Finalize the fabric selection for Audrey's bedroom and get some sewing done.
5.  Subway Art Project.

Starting next week, I'm going to pick on a project to work on each week. That way I can attempt to keep my sanity.  I'll keep you posted. 

xo Meg

4 comments:

  1. I remember the trials and tribulations of selling and buying and moving all too well and the last time we did it was 11 years ago. We are working our way toward doing it again though so I feel your pain. Now that our kids are older and heading off to university of living on their own for the first time we are free to live anywhere so we are thinking of moving to a rural property (possibly with an apartment in town as we both have to work still). Decisions, decisions. It isn't easy. Good luck with the house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list of projects will help to keep your mind occupied (a bit) until the right house comes along. Cheers to you for not settling. The right place is out there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's no fun when you are in the middle of inbetweenness. I hope this chapter passes for you quickly.

    ReplyDelete