Monday, April 15, 2013

Dining Room: Before and After

     I'm so excited to share the progress we made on the dining room this weekend!  While we complete the basement renovation (more on that progress later this week), many of our things are still in storage.  This weekend, I took stock of our artwork and came up with some pieces that will work in the dining area.  If you recall, first it looked like this:




Then we changed out the light fixture, painted the walls, and painted the sideboard green.  This weekend, we installed some artwork in a gallery.  Here's the after:






Here are a few more detail shots of the room:


I love the green patina on the light.





The pieces in the gallery wall all have meaning to us.
Two of them were created by friends of ours.


And just for reference, here's the before and after comparison:



We still have some things we'd like to do in here.  I don't love our walnut dining set.  I really liked it in our old house, where things were decidedly more antique. But it certainly serves it's purpose and we have 8 of the press-back chairs for entertaining.  I will probably also do some styling on the buffet.

For now, I'm enjoying looking at the gallery.

Happy Monday!

xo Meg

10 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! That pendant is to die for. You done good sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - love it!! Looks amazing. Very well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything!! The colors, the gallery wall, the light fixture - everything. Great job! This is real style, not just a bunch of trends thrown together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Absolutely love what you've done with this room.

    Now off to look through your archives... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! I love the deep inky colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MUCH better! I love the colours you used and the gallery wall looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the room! And really love the light fixture. I am looking for one just like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bargain at Wisteria... I think $125? Pretty good for the size of it. I have a US address to ship to so that might have made some difference.

      Delete
  8. Wow - you did an amazing job! This room turned out gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really looks nice - the gallery wall really adds some nice character. I actually like the wood dining set in the room - keeps it warm.

    ReplyDelete