Friday, June 3, 2016

Bamboo Chairs

I can't even tell you how long I've searched for a pair of Chinese Chippendale bamboo chairs at estate and garage sales, kijiji, and Craig's List. I know there are some areas where furniture in this style is easy to find, but here in Southwestern Ontario, they were pretty elusive.


So, when this ad came up on a my local kijiji site, I emailed instantly.  The chairs are rattan, and they've certainly seen better days.  Some of the wicker wrapping at the joints is missing but they're sturdy. 

Our dining area has a banquette (which I loooove)

obviously unfinished: missing toekicks, crown molding, etc.


The banquette seat will be upholstered and so will the chair seats. Here's the fabric I've selected:

Robin's Egg Herringbone along with my existing Chiang Mai Dragon pillows.
I'm trying to decide how I want this chair makeover to look.  I know (think?) I want to paint the chair frames because they will need some repairs that would be obvious if I leave them natural. I'm thinking about colour options for the paint. 


White frames:

via

Black frames:

Saarinen tulip table + black Chippendale chairs. Why oh why did I sell my Chippendale dining set?!?:
via


Navy Frames:

THE MITTEN COTTAGE: - Lake Room :: gold curtain rod with navy blue and white print curtains:
via - I would probably go more like BM's Hale Navy than this blue


Still working things out.... feel free to weigh in!


xo Meg


6 comments:

  1. I would love to see them anything but white. Make your finds pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post, I just read it from start to end. Learned something new after a long time.


    SAP SD Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice thing you had posted here. By avoiding Sofa's and all type of things like that creates heat and some irritant feeling during summer. But thin swas nice idea to use.
    Back to original

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great information and Its really worth enough reading it. The author did an mind blowing work by describing each and every concept in detail. Thanks for such an informative post. Please keep up your good work.
    Marine Colleges in Chennai, Nautical Science Colleges In Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for such avant-garde and amazing information..Good actuality is absolutely affable information.
    Web Designing Company in Bangalore, Web Development Company Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very happy when read this blog post because blog post written in good manner and write on good topic. Thanks for sharing valuable information.
    UI Design Company Bangalore, Web Application Development Services in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete